A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

OK?!?!?

OK so after a crazy journey of a 70+lb weight loss and total change in the type of lifestyle I lead I'm looking for more crazy stuff to do. I LOVE LOVE being able to do these things for myself and still be able to be a great/happy mother and wife!....proving that yes all you mommy's out there it CAN be done and it's ok to do it......this is a mommy guilt free zone!!

So following right along with finding crazy stuff to do my first was last year when I climbed the CN tower...124 flights, 1776 stairs. I was watching one of my fav shows one night, Biggest Loser and they had a challenge of having to pull a car and I was like, "I want to do something crazy like that man!"...the next commercial was about climbing the CN tower and I was like..." I'm doing THAT!!!". My goal just to get to the top...and I did! You know how amazing it felt to do something even though you felt fear and uncertainty in your heart about it!!!!!!.....and I was hooked :D


So this years crazy thing......hmmmmm...lets enter a Adventure Race contest.....and I got in!! oh...ok..uh...oh God what have I done!??...........ok ok relax this is going to be great! I'm not sure how but I'm looking forward to the journey. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the meet'n greet on Sun and finding out what it is I will have to do still to become one of the final four to do the race....so stay tuned!


*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

2 comments:

  1. I didnt get a chance to speak to you today, however I just want to tell you that I am so proud of you. That is alot of weight to loose and I know it isnt easy. I am a small woman now but I wasnt always. I admire you for that and you are an inspiration to so many others!
    Anyhow "you rock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooo loving reading your stories, they make me smile :-)

    Congrats on all the different challenges you have set for yourself and have achieved. I look forward to sharing the experience of this new challenge with you and all the other amazing ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete