A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2010 - Best year EVER!!!!~~~~2011 Look'n pretty good so far :D




Ok so wow!!! Long time no blog :(....I've been thinking about doing it and just didn't get around to doing it but I guess enough people finally asked me if I'm back to it yet (thank you for the support) that it got my butt in gear.

So I must say 2010 has been THEE BEST year of my life to date....besides the tragic death of one of my Phat Chick trainers of course. I wasn't sad to see 2010 go but I wasn't happy about it either...I simply said thank you and I will always remember you 2010 :D

So this year just starts off with a bang of new things right away WTH!! First I continue to get new clients with my Bring out YOUR Awesome business which is just SO wicked and I thank the people who have refereed me to others. Next I was offered a job leading a running clinic for beginners at HealthQuarters and I was their first guest speaker last Wed and to run a walking clinic in April with Second Wind Conditioning. All totally awesome stuff and new to me. And last of all, last summer I committed to myself that I was going to take the Personal Trainer course at the start of 2011....so I signed up and spent last weekend in T.O doing the first half of it :D





So it's funny, I'm not too sure about you but when new things come up for me so does the fear...and it started to get to me with all these new things happening. But then I just remembered my first time I was standing at the start line at the Moon in June race and the start line at the Adventure Race and the first time I went to my Tri training and how scared I was at those points......but I just ignored the fear and the thoughts it gave me and still put one foot in front of the other and moved forward.

That then got me thinking about fear and how it's a thief!!...it has taken away MANY opportunities, chances, relationships, experiences and goals in my life and I realized that last year I took all that bundled it up in a ball and shoved it right back up fears ass!!!!! LOL!!!! So right now I can feel fear sitting there wanting to say that I am not smart enough to do this Personal Trainer course or that it will be too hard or that I will fail...but guess what it's not cause now fear is scared of ME!!!!! WICKED :P

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl! I'm SO proud of you, you deserve all the happiness in the world.

    I have such fond memories of Meredith but I can see it's clear that you are having the same positive impact on other peoples lives that she had on ours. She would be proud my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Gail! I was happy to say good-bye to 2010 and I am really looking forward to a better 2011 for myself and my family, too! You are such an inspriation and I am looking forward to folowing along on your blog!

    ReplyDelete