A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So I put the 100lbs back on!!!! :O


So now that training session is over and I don't have any more races set until the new year, I've now been able to join the girls at Phat Chicks!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!!

Now Suzie does this awesome workout where she brings in weighted vests that are 20lbs each and we have to do the workout wearing them!! :Z

It reminded me of how on The Biggest Loser they always do a challenge where the contestants have to put the weight that they lost back on. So I said to Suzie I want to put the weight back on!

So I piled on 5 vests....as I put on each vest I could feel my heat rate starting to go up and I could feel the weight in my feet (SO heavy!) I also was starting to sweat and I was just standing there!...it reminded me how I use to sweat when I ate or if I was talking and getting excited about stuff I would sweat too..

One of the other girls there said they don't know how the people on the Biggest Loser do it!, " Well Gail did it!" Said Suzie...everyone turned to look at me and I said , " Yes I did! But you don't realize what's happening to you and how hard things are to do, and if it's hard then you just stop doing it...and then you stop doing that....and then you stop going there..." WOW!! It kind of hit me with how much stuff I didn't do back then!! HUH!

Putting the weight back on made me think of an awesome challenge and I thought about it all class.....in the spring when our workouts at Phat Fit are back outside I'm going to raise money for the Meredith Hagan Foundation by doing a workout with all 5 vests on!! The 100lbs I lost!!!!!....when I told Suzie about this idea she loved it...then she said, " You're really going to do a full class with them all on?!"..............

LOL!!! The answer is YES!! I will! It may not look like the workouts I do today but I will commit to keep moving...after all that's what got me to where I am today even when I still had on those 100lbs.

SO excited...and a little nervous about this challenge and a little emotional thinking about it. Stay tuned in months to come on how you can get involved, help out and be part of this challenge too!! WOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!





'Live in YOUR Awesome!'





*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment