A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A body in motion.....

....stays in motion. This is what I am finding as this belly grows! I've learned that there's more to exercise then just the exercise. I am not able to go at the pace I was before or do the things that I have done before but the main point is to stay in motion and feel awesome! I find that the days that I do exercise I feel the most 'un-pregnant' and for the rest of the day I am able to move around well and don't have the normal aches and pains of pregnancy. So I get asked a lot about what kind of 'training' I am doing. Just to clear that up, I am not really 'training' anymore I am more just keeping my body moving in ways that it has before so it doesn't forget and because mentally it makes me feel better :) So I'm not doing it for a high calorie burn or to lose weight or to beat a time or to go hard. I am not able to run anymore so I go out with the dog and walk as far as I need/able to and it feels so great to be out in the fresh air and see all the nice fall colours.
I also go to the gym and either do a cardio and core class (with modifications of course) or I go on the upright bike (20min) then on the Cross-trainer (20min) and then laps in the pool (20min). After the first time I did my laps I text my coach saying, "When I swim I feel like a happy baby seal then when I get out of the pool and gravity kicks in again, I feel like a beached whale" LOL!!! So this week will be climbing the stairs at Chedoke. They are 300+ stairs that go up the escarpment and I will see how many times I can do it....update to come later ;) This weekend we had some really warm weather and so we took the kids out to Crawford lake and we hiked around it twice and through the forest there and back (2+hrs). As I was walking I thought to myself, "OMG! I could never have or never even wanted to have done this the last two times I was 5mths pregnant" It was really cool to be able to still be out with the family and enjoying the day.
So my goal continues to be finding ways to keep moving and feeling good about it, I am also open for suggestions!! :-D 'Live in YOUR Awesome!'

No comments:

Post a Comment