A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Two angels kick'n my ass!

So this is the first time that this whole healthy lifestyle has come back and kicked my ass!! LOL!!! I am doing surprisingly well with keeping up the good food habits while pregnant. Although I must say I HAVE eaten things that I wouldn't normally have and it is a lot harder to not give into the cravings while pregnant (and more often I have given in these days). However all I have to compare to is the last times I was pregnant and I am leaps and bounds in a better place then then. For example even though I am 23weeks (6mths) right now I am still 109lbs LESS then I was last time....gulp....gosh! Just remembering how that felt makes me feel like...WHOA! So as you all know this has all rubbed off on my kids and the other night we had ordered pizza. By the Mon there was still a can of ginger ale left. So after school I got the kids their snack and I grabbed some clementines and the can of ginger ale and sat down to eat with them. As I am taking a sip of the pop my youngest says, " Mommy the baby doesn't like that, it's too spicy" Then my oldest says, "Yes Mommy that's not good for you or the baby"...........I just sat there looking at them thinking, "How do I explain pregnant craving to these two?!" LOL! I did admit that it is a sometimes food and that yes it's not the best thing for me or the baby to have. I was then bombarded with, "Mommy don't have that then the baby doesn't like it!", "Yeah Mommy maybe you shouldn't be drinking that!", "The baby is just little and you have to give it's body healthy food", "Yeah Mommy we have to help the baby be heathy" .....o.....k boy did I feel like a smuck! BUT I still wanted to drink the pop!! LOL!...when you get a taste that you want while pregnant you HAVE to have it!! So I said they were right and pushed it aside with a little tear in my eye...cause I still wanted to drink it!, it was the hardest thing I have had to do in awhile LOL!! So my two healthy angels were kicking this prego Mama's ass.....makes me SO proud xoxoxo 'Live in YOUR Awesome'

1 comment:

  1. Kids are amazing! Actually, so are you! Keep up the good work. Ann

    ReplyDelete