A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The secret life of a working out Mama


Ok so sticking to my plan of getting back at'r and going back the basics I followed through on my plan of being sure to workout 1hr a day for 5 days a week......one day at a time :)

So yesterday (Mon) I had nothing planned and it was raining so I thought it would be a good time to workout in the morning. So I popped in the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred 20min workout. Now for those of you that know me 20mins of working out is just not going to cut it, I need an hour or more!

So my bright idea was to do all three levels one after another....20min times three equals 60min right!...right!

Ok so first the only weights I have are 2lbs, 10lbs & 12lbs that my hubby got for me off Kijiji last summer....so anytime I do a weight workout I have to do it with the 10lbs weights! LOL!! OH BABY!!! Let me tell you!...I has huffing and puffing and grunting and groaning half way through level 2 and ALL the way through level 3 OMG!!

Even at one point my brain started thinking, "God this is hard! Oh man I don't like this" So what did I do?!.....told it to piss off and just listened to what Jillian was telling me on the screen instead.

Ok so this morning OMG my arms are SO sore! LOL!!! I can't even lift my grumpy 2yr to the time-out spot! This is what makes me think of the 'secret' life of a working out Mama because I now will go through the rest of the day remembering my workout with every move I make today! LOL!....It reminds me of last summer when I was training for my first Tri. The night before I did the longest distance I have ever done (600m swim, 14k bike, 4k run) and then that morning I was changing poopy diapers with one hand and holding down the kid who didn't want to get a diaper change with the other hand and trying not to get sh*t everywhere! LOL!....as I was doing this I thought to myself,..."Do you know what I just did last night!?"....and well... no they didn't, because it's my secret life.....but I wear every sore part with pride because I know what I did..... te he.

Now I must go and iron me cape :-)






'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment