A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Relentless....Forward....Motion....


....... this is the motto of the Meredith Hagan Foundation and her Inspiration run was today. It also just so happens that today is also what would have been Meredith's 38th b-day and what a great way to celebrate...it would make her smile and that's when she looked the prettiest :)

I was in bed last night at 7:30am!! LOL!! The kids were out playing and biking with their Dad and I was asleep already! I wanted to be fresh and ready for the day. I was heading out early to help set-up going to run the 10k trail run and then stayed to help clean up everything. So I knew it was going to be a long day.


The turn out for the race was wicked!!! I helped hand out the swag bags so pretty much got to see everyone that was out to run or walk for the day. A lot of friends from Mommy's in Motion,spinning class, Coach Nancy from Second Wind Condition, Phat Chicks, my old work!! and a Mommy friend of mine that has started getting out there and running herself :) and my girl K-rod!! Most of you will know her as the Ellen girl LOL!




The run it self was great, there was a crazy hill at the 3k mark I had to walk the last 1/4 of the way cause I thought my heart was going to burst, it was long and winding. All in and around the 6k-8k part was pure single track trail, over a bridge, under a pine tree and thru mud....and when I say thru I mean thru! You couldn't go around. The lady in front of me slowed down when she hit the mud and I was thinking, " AWWW don't slow down!!! That's when you sink!" So I had to go into the middle of the mud to pass her and that's when I almost lost my shoe!!! LOL!! I LOVED it and the mud was nice and cool on my legs :-)




Everyone got a medal and they looked great. When I showed it to my 4yr he said, "WOW!! Mommy that's a big medal! You must have done really good in the race!"....you know what I don't even know my time for sure cause I never looked, my friend said it was at about 1hr 6min......I was just happy to be out there, for such a great lady xoxoxox




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'

*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment