A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Teaching him to TRI!


So the day finally came. My 4yrs first Triathlon!!!
We talked about it a lot so that he knew what was going to happen during the race and he was getting excited too. His 'training' went well and he even asked to have his training wheels off his bike at one point....so now he's zipping around like crazy :)

I did my best just to stay cool and calm on the race day because I find that too much hype tends to freak out the kiddo's. Plus the race itself was pretty over whelming with so many people there and the whole set-up was very professional, they went all out and I was very impressed.

So we started off in the pool and as soon as they said go he did this 'crazy fast' swimming that he does which only causes his face to go under water and he goes no where! LOL!....so I got nice and close to him for when he popped his face out of the water and he looked a little panicked so I said in a calm voice, " Hey buddy how about you just try kicking" so he did that instead and started moving. I LOVE the smile on his face as we are walking away from the pool and you can't see it very well in the video but he gave everyone a thumbs up.



During the transition at the bike he was saying that he was cold and didn't want to go on his bike wet. So I put the towel around him and said, " You get dry and warm while I change, once you get going on your bike you will feel better"....so we just took our time and changed and got ready for the bike.

We weren't there to race that day we were there for a Triathlon experience

The bike part he ROCKED!!! I had to sprint full out to keep up with him. He was zipping past older kids on his bike and once again that smile tells me he was loving it!! and brings tears to my eyes every time I look at the pic ( and as I type about it right now!)


We finished off with the run and getting his medal...it was over in 10min...I kind of wish that it lasted a bit longer because the experience for me too was fun.

This is JUST what my goal was when I started this journey. I wanted to be able to keep up with my boys and have them excited that Mommy's there.

I am over joyed that I'm not going to be a 'sideline Mom' instead of sitting on the sidelines telling my kids they can do it. I get to be right there beside them doing it with them....SO thankful......SO happy.......SO excited about our future :)


You can see the video here


"Live in YOUR Awesome!"

*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment