A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, July 18, 2011

Making it a family affair :)







So following along with my goal this year of including my family more into the activities that I am doing....I asked my hubby to be my partner for the RockstAR 4hr Adventure Race this year. So we have been out 'training'....so what does that mean? We got my Mom to watch the kids one Sat afternoon while we went for a trail ride at Kelos and last weekend we took the boys in the canoe at Kelso so we could get use to being a team as we paddle. He OF COURSE was awesome :).......so I will be the power house in the front and he will be the power house in the back and steering us in the right direction :)....we then hit the beach at Kelso for lunch and swimming and sandcastle building....it was a great afternoon :-)

So the race is this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. Last year I was crazy excited and pretty nervous cause I didn't know what was going to happen. But the stress this year is less cause I know what I'm doing now! LOL! PLUS a weekend away with no kids in the bush on a nice lake....as far as I'm concerned this is a vacation away for me and hubby! I would say it will be a romantic weekend but after a 4hr race there's no energy left over for any hubba-hubba! LOL ;)

Now with the weather being SO stink'n HOT this week we'll see how it ends up being on Sat. The nice thing is that Hubby and I are pretty chillaxed about the whole thing and don't plan on being hardcore, we are just going to have fun and be out there not to come in first. AND of course our team name is......VanAwesome! LOL!






'Live in YOUR Awesome!'

*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment