A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Because I half to....

....ok that's me trying to be funny with that title :)

Can you guess another blog about my half marathon that I am doing this Sun. Well it's a big race...well my Triathlon I did in Sept was a big race for me too I just didn't know it going into it.

So it's been an interesting experience for me training for this. First of all I have to run and run and run......so this started to become a problem because I started getting board with just only doing that. Also I ran into times where it was hard to go out to run. Like one Fri night my hubby was working late and now that it's dark so early I can't run, I don't like to run in the dark. So I was stuck at home with the kids. So normally this wouldn't be a problem, I would have just put them to bed and done a workout in front of the TV while catching up on all my taped shows from the week.......but I couldn't do that because I HAD to run. So I did the best I could and had my 4yr ride his bike and had to push the 2yr in the jogging stroller while I ran 5k....now I did need to go a further distance then that but that was the best that I could do that night. Plus I had 4 days where I didn't get anything but a core and arms workout in because hubby was away on a business trip....so I kind of was feeling that I lost a week of training. But then that Sat I ran my 15.5K and felt awesome doing it...so I guess it's all worked out in the end.

So I've done the best with what I was able to do and that's all I can really ask. Race day preps are starting this week and I am just going to do an easy 5K on Fri, plus I'm looking at the train times and maps of T.O so I can understand where to go when I get downtown and also the route that the race will take so that I can prepare mentally as best as I can......really looking forward to seeing my husband, sons and Dad at that finish line :-).....and if once I pass the finish line that means that it is DONE!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!


Just wanted to share this quote that was in one of the pre-race newsletter that I was sent...



What is a Marathon?
A marathon is a race
without race.
Without color.
Without religion.
Without sex.
Without prejudice.
Without nationality.
Without hate.
A marathon is a race
where everyone starts
as an equal,
and everyone finishes
as a winner.
- Ad by John Hancock Co. at the Boston Marathon




Looking forward to finishing a winner! :)




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'







*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment