A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, February 27, 2012

Recipe'o the month ~ Double chocolate brownies mmm mmm


Ok so the ROM (recipe'o the month) for Feb is going with the Valentines day theme, Double Chocolate Brownies mmm mmmm. So just because a 'holiday' comes along doesn't mean that we can't have some fun. But keeping with a lifestyle of health I now look around for other options during these festive times :)

For example for Valentines I like to always send a few close girlfriends a little something. But instead of sending chocolates I sent 3 of them a card with a chocolate face mask inside the card. Still going along with the chocolate theme but not polluting their bodies with it :).....then while making these brownies I got the idea to drop off a treat for 2 more girlfriends.

So although this recipe says to put the brownies in a flat pan, I instead used a mini muffin tray and made my own two bite brownies :-D A cute Valentines day box from the dollar store and VOLIA!!!






Double Chocolate Brownies

Need:
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup butter melted
1 egg
2tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips


To do:
Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 25min


I got this recipe from Jillian Michaels book 'Master your Metabolism cookbook'

86 calories a serving
makes 16 (2-inch) brownies













'Live in YOUR Awesome'


*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment