A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Checking out CrossFit

So I have been hearing about CrossFit for awhile and been wanting to try it out....just another way to step it up and learn more fun things to do to stay active and fit. Bob Harper, the trainer from the Biggest Loser has really gotten into it this last year and I have learned some things from him about it to. I even took a WOD (work out of the day) that he did on a little YouTube video and did it at the park one time....it made me feel like I was going to puke it worked me SO hard!!...I of course LOVED IT!!!....not the wanting to puke part, but working through feeling uncomfortable and sticking to what I said I would do and finishing it...I like that part. I also find that, that feeling over flows into other parts of my life as well with other things that I am doing :) So CrossFit Altitude offered Momstown a free trail class and I jumped at the chance...it even ended up that day that I was not only going to have my 3yr but two other friends 3yrs as well with me...so I borrowed my moms car seat and off I went to CrossFit with 3 3 year olds in tow!! LOL!! That's how serious I was about wanting to try this (plus they had a kids area where someone played with them while I worked out!) So it was really cool...just as I thought it would be. The instructor was great and really into doing things the right way and with goos form....CorssFit has sometime gotten a bad rap because people have gotten hurt doing it, but that is because they aren't doing it right or are not being taught well. She went through some different moves and I learned some new things...which I love and got me excited about learning more, getting better and getting stronger at this....a new challenge!...YES PLEASE! Something that has come out of this whole journey for me is learning to live WITH fear and not IN it!...this means...before I would be scared about doing things so I wouldn't do them...fear has robbed me of many chances, experiences and goals that I could have had in my life. Today, the fear is still there but it doesn't stop me anymore, I still go and do it. This seems to also have given me confidence in myself and that I CAN do things I have never done before. I have learned to ask for help, admit that I need help or that I don't understand something and even ask questions until I do understand them...well who knew that, that was a good way to learn new things and have fun doing them!! LOL! So hear I am doing my first dead lift at CrossFit....hardcore baby!! LOL!!
And here I am doing what they call a knees to elbow...these are f'n hard and I did them during the workout for 30sec for 3 rounds and I didn't stop during those 30 sec...I wasn't sure if I could or not, thought I'd at least try and I DID IT!!! :-O
Something I really like about the CrossFit way is that I don't just Do it...like at a gym how you follow the teacher...instead I have to LEARN it, I take on the responsibility of what I am doing. They post the WOD and you have to go do it...they have classes as well, but in general I have to work my mind along with my body. I will leave you with the #1 mantra they have in CrossFit cause I really like it and it can apply to ALL areas of my life ~ I WILL PROMISE TO DO MY BEST. MY BEST WILL VARY FROM DAY TO DAY, FROM HOUR TO HOUR, FROM MINUTE TO MINUTE, I WILL DO THE VERY BEST I CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment