A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I feel free again!!

So I busted out my road bike today and it was awesome!!!....I had thought that it was going to be really tuff and it ended up being really good. I hadn't been on my bike since last year in Sept, so that was a nice surprise :) The sun was shining and the birds were tweeting and there was hardly any wind, as I was driving home from a clients house I saw other people out on their bike and I thought, " I'm going to go out too!" So I got hubby to help me pump up my bike and I hopped on and set out!...... My want was to go North where it is nice and quite on the side roads around the farm area. To get there I had to go up a few main streets, but they had bike lanes on them which I really like cause then the cars need to respect my space. At one point I was at a stop light and I had cars on both sides of me....I knew that the people in the cars where looking at me...cause that's what I do when I'm in the car and a biker pulls up beside me! LOL!...So as I'm standing there and my heart is beating from the hill I just did and from the nerves of people watching I keep saying to myself, "Stand your ground Gail, stand your ground".....it was cool that I didn't have to say to myself to have confidence...cause I felt good and confident out there all by my little self biking in this big big world and tat felt very empowering :) As soon as I turned onto the side ride and the noise of the traffic stopped and the quite started I thought, "Ahhh here we go! Hello God!"....I really like the quite out there, when I run I LOVE to blast the tunes in my head, but when I bike I like to get out where it's quite......so this side road has some small and big hills which was good! First for a good workout and second so I can get back on track with using my gears. One thing I got reminded of is that as I go up a hill I am so focused on peddling that I forget to breath!! so when I get to the top I feel like my heart is going to explode!! (going to have to work on that!) As I turned around to head back I was coming up to my biggest and hill of the day....so I sank back in my seat, gripped my handlebars and thought, " Ok mother-fucker, lets do this!!!"...LOL!! I'm not kidding, I don't make this shit up! It was at that point I knew I was having fun and it felt SO great! So 22k and 1hr later I got home and just in time since my poor crotch-o-la, shoulders, neck and arms needed a break. My body will have to get use to the position of the road bike again. But I gotta say I felt fan-frigg'n-tastic afterwards and really look forward to getting out there again :) OH!!! and I also remembered that I have to put on sunscreen!!! With my back flat up to the sun for an hour...oh baby!! I am hot hot hot (and I don't mean in a sexy way!) and red as a tomato! :s . . . . . . . . . . . 'Live in YOUR Awesome!'

No comments:

Post a Comment