A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recipe'o the Month ~ Juicing

Ok so this month I tried something different and did some 'juicing'! I borrowed a girlfriends juicer and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies and told the kids we were going to make some juice. "Do we get to drink it too?!" is what they asked! LOL! we don't have juice in our house (poor children) so this was a treat for them. In fact juice and pop was the first thing that we stopped having in the house 3yrs ago. When I realized how many empty calories I was consuming by drinking juice I stopped. I use to drink a jug of juice to myself in 1-2 days!!! :/
So the kids and I tried all different kinds of combo's but in the end the winners were.....just straight carrot, carrot/apple mix, carrot/spinach mix and the all time winner was the orange/strawberry mix :P I know some people juice everyday but truthfully for me I don't think I will be able to do that because of two reasons, 1. it was pretty messy and 2. the cost to buy the extra food to juice.....I liked the experience and so did the kids. It's defiantly something that I will do in the future as a 'treat' again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment