A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, July 1, 2013

An obstacle is.......

An obstacle is what you see when you take your eyes off the goal :) I was thinking about this on my walk today. I feed the baby and put him down for a nap then checked in with hubby who was home to let him know that I was going for my walk and he was in charge of the three boys. So I set off with a goal in mind. To get in motion, and with the sun shining I knew that it was going to be awesome.....as I set off walking I cut thru a forest by my house. I try to walk/exercise in nature as much as I can cause I just feel that it gives me that extra boost. I had just entered the forest when up ahead I see a full tree had fallen across the path. I figured this was kinda funny, "Huh a tree is in my way" I thought. This is when I thought about obstacles being what you see when you take your eye off goal. So my goal that day was to get moving, get sweat, get some sun and live in my awesome. So I stopped at the tree and did standing push ups on it!! LOL!!....how smart is THAT!! I then ducked under it and kept going with a smile. That tree changed my whole walk! Now as I walked across the bridge I stopped and did some more standing push ups into a T reach....sweet now I'm getting an arm workout too!! In the end I walked about 5k, got sweaty, got some sun and felt awesome!!!! Goal accomplished!...no tree is going to stop me! LOL!! I hope you are living in your awesome today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment