A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, February 14, 2011

My new green monster


Ok so I'm not really into things like this normally but my sister passed on this info to me and I thought I'd share.

It's a smoothie!! It's called The Green Monster Movement....now normally if I read the ingredients on something and don't know what one of them is I wouldn't make the food. However this was simple and I pretty much had everything I needed already!

What made me interested in trying it was that my sister said she really felt a difference in her energy levels. I found this interesting as she has suffered from low B12 and lack of energy her whole life. That's what perked my ear to try it and when I took a sip of the one she made it tasted GREAT!!! Just like bananas! mm mmm

So here's what is in it (you can refer to the website for more info too)
Put in blender in this order:
-Ground flax seed
-Steamed spinach (I put some in a bowl, splash water onto it then put it in the microwave)
-A whole banana (I also use a BIG handful of frozen blackberries/blueberries to change it up)
-Skim milk


I have this smoothie for my afternoon snack, that's my hardest time these days for food. I find myself too busy getting one kid from the bus, getting up another kid and getting all three kids their snack and just munching as I go along or finishing what they didn't eat for their snacks......so far it's working out well, it's easy and fast to make while I'm getting the kids snack ready then I just sip it until it's gone. Now also I have never been a fan of using smoothies as a food replacement. I was always really hungry 20min after or they just taste nasty....this did neither! Totally held me over until dinner and is yummy!

So I am waiting to see how things will work out for me with the energy and other possible side effects....I'll keep you updated on it and if you end up tying this please let me know your experience with it :D



"Live in YOUR Awesome!"

*ive
*ove
*aug
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment