A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Another first!


So after my 4yr did his first Triathlon he said that the part that he loved the best was the biking. Earlier this spring he drove up to us on his bike and asked to take off his training wheels and zoom... the kid was off and didn't look back! I was surprised at this cause I figured that next summer he would be off the training wheels. But really it shouldn't surprise me since the kid walked on his own a week before he turned 9mths old!!!! So the kid is a mover!

He boots it around on the lane way in front of our house.....along the lane, up the curb, over someones lawn, down the curb and over the 2inch ramp that my husband built for him. All the neighbours comment on how he's zipping around so well so fast. One night as I was watching him I thought he would really like trail biking.

So I took him out to Hilton Falls. I knew it would be a good place for him since they have trails that are wide and has little rocks on them as well as some in the woods. We stuck to the wide paths as I wanted him to learn how to ride over rocks. Plus he only has a kid bike that has no gears.

The first part of the trail we both had to push our bike up the hill it was so steep, but I promised him that it was not going to be all like this.

So of course he LOVED it! I was a little nervous about him going over the bumpy parts but at the same time knew that he had to learn. At one point I said," Follow me and go on the smooth part" but as I went along I saw that there was a big rock on the path. As I yell over me shoulder to him, "Be careful there's a rock here!!" he zoomed by me on the right saying, " I know Mom I saw it and went around"...LOL!...OK, awesome!

I was really proud of this kid as there was sometimes that he wanted/needed to push his bike up a few other hills (not as big as the first one!) and he had no problem with this. I was really glad to see that he didn't get down on himself or upset that he couldn't do. He has been talking a lot about others being slow or not liking when others are faster them him. So my husband an I have really focused on the lesson that everyone does the best they can sometimes it's slower sometimes it's faster but it's always awesome!


We stopped half way along to see the falls there and have a snack. Over all we were out for an hour. I'm really excited about him getting better at the trail rides as I know he will love it. I'm looking into some BMX type clinic's or classes in the Halton area...so if anyone knows of anything please let me know! A little boys happiness lays in your hands LOL!




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment