A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good bye yester-year!

So this year I will be doing the further distance in the ladies Triathlon. Now last year as I turned around at the 10k mark for the bike I would look up and see the big long hill that the 'other' girls had to do for their 20k bike and I was grateful I didn't need to go further :)
Also last year I had to do a 2.5k run. Which is only one loop of the course....and boy was I grateful that I didn't have to do the loop again like the 'other' girls did.....

So fast forward and I am now one of the 'other' girls :s

I didn't really realize this until I was out on the course for the first time a few weeks ago. I was out on the bike and I passed the 10k mark where I turned around last year and kept going.....I looked up at the hill ahead and entered into the unknown...."OH BOY!!!" I thought. Now I have to go further and up that hill....gulp.....what happen to last year!!! where I didn't need to go that far and it was easier!!!........that's when I thought to myself..." Good bye yester-year!".....we in a whole new boat now. But I did the 20k and I survived :-)
Now the run....it's the most hilly-ist course in Ontario I've been told. The course starts off with a hill that goes straight up!....ok so last year I only had to do it once......this year we'll be meeting twice. I plan to walk it the second time around because it just takes too long for me to recover at the top when I run it....and I'm ok with that :-) (walking it that is)

So now I am one of the 'other' girls. One of those other girls that I looked up to last year and watched them ride/run further into the unknown........




....and OMG!!! I just looked to the right of my blog and see how many days is left until the Tri!!!! (7!!! gulp)




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'




*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment