A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Certified!!!


Well this has been a big week for me! Two really hard things I have done came to an end :)


First was the race and second was getting my Personal Trainer Certificate!!!!!.....I was waiting for like 2 weeks to hear if I passed my last test I had to do in the gym. I was thinking they would send me an e-mail but after 5 days I realized it would be coming by snail mail :s

So on Tues night as I was heading out to the Mommy's/Babe's in Motion after race get together, I realized I hadn't checked the mail that day. As I pulled the mail out of the box I saw the big white envelope and the CPTN sign....OMG! OMG!!! It came!...it felt like there was a lot of stuff in it and I thought, " Oh great I failed and they sent me the book to re-study" LOL!!!.....but I quickly opened it and looked for the letter....as soon as I saw Congratulations I started crying my eyes out!! " OH my god I did it!....this has been a big week of hard scary things for me....and I did it!!...Thank you God!"

I called my husband right away to tell him through the tears that I did it!....I then had to fix up my make-up and drive to meet the team and share the good news with Coach Nancy!

This is just SO awesome for me as I have in the past had a history of starting off something with a bang but as it started to get hard and not as much fun as it is work....I tend to peter out and not finish. But this was a passion that I had. In fact it was last summer that I said to my Phat Chick trainer I was going to get my Personal Trainer Certificate just for my own knowledge....it just turned out that I ended up starting a business were having this came in handy too.

I'm just really excited about the doors that this opens for me now and REALLY looking forward to all the learning thats still ahead! :-)





'Live in YOUR Awesome!'



*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment