A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What happens when the music dies....


So I went out on my long run today to train for my half marathon in Oct. I ran 12.88k and my music crapped put on me at 9.5k...sucks....as I didn't want to stop and fix it or see what was wrong cause really I just wanted to get the F home at that point! :S

So now I'm running with just me and my brain...not so good! Now I don't know about you but I am able to have like 5 different conversations in my head at once. So voice #1 was listening as voice #2 and voice #3 had a talk that went like this:


V2: Crap this is hard!....why do I do things that are SO hard!?

V3: because its a good challenge and it makes you fell good once you are done it

V2: But you just did the Triathlon and that was hard already and now this half marathon!....it's too many hard things all at once! You shouldn't do this marathon you need more time in between......

V3: And that's why I signed up and paid at the start of the year so that I couldn't back out!

V2: BUT IT'S HARD!!!!

V3: Yes it is hard, but I set a goal and I'm going to stick to it and finish it

V2: So your going to do the half marathon then!?

V3: YUP!

V2: crap



LOL!!!! Ok so I NEED to get my music fixed ASAP!!! LOL!!!....also something new I tried today was wearing a water belt. Now that I am going further I NEED water cause the gum is just not cutting it. So check me out ready to go out for my run this morning with my new fancy-smancy water belt on :) And YES my hair band matches my coat! :-) I LOVE being all matchy-matchy!




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'





*ive
*ove
*augh!
********

No comments:

Post a Comment