A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, January 30, 2012

WTK!!!! - Recipe'o the month!


WHAT THE KALE!!?? LOL!


Ok so last year I tried out Thankful Thurs...this year I am going to do 'Recipe'o the month'. I LOVE looking through health magazines or healthy cooking books and looking for new, healthy, tasty food...cause I still DO love to eat :P

When I do the first 6 week sessions with a new client I bring new recipes to them as well BUT I am also trying new ones along the way and sometimes my clients share new recipes they have come across....so let's share the love!!!

Now I do have a few 'rules' that I have involving new recipes....mostly if it has an ingredient that I have no idea what it is or where to find it..it's out! Now I have on occasion 'googled' the item to learn about it and see if I could find a place that I am able to get it....but most of the time I don't have time for that.


Ok so a client gave me a recipe for warm Kale salad she said it was really easy to make, tasted great and even hubby liked it. Plus I have heard that Kale is SO good for you.......but just never knew what to do with it.......so she e-mailed me the recipe and I bought the Kale.......

....now I do remember another friend on Facebook saying that she had made some Kale chips....so I asked her for the recipe. That one was SO easy and had 3 ingredients ...so that's the one I tried....don't worry Heather I will try yours next time. ;)



So here you go~ Kale chips:

One bunch of Kale
Olive Oil
Sea salt

Ripe off all the leaves of the Kale and put them in a bowl, drizzle a bit of oil over them and pour in your hand a bit of sea salt (not too much) sprinkle over the Kale. Now mix it all with your hands and wilt the Kale a bit....it will turn a dark green.

Lay out the leaves on a flat pan, do not layer. Bake on 200 for 30min


* FYI in this picture is about less then half of what I made. I was eating it so fast and realized I should take a picture for the blog! LOL*

They are really good. My kids even tried them and said it tasted like popcorn!! I ate the first batch to myself LOL!!!!

SO easy! So yummy!....enjoy!

Please feel free to send my any recipes that you think are awesome, yummy AND healthy. I'll be looking all year long for a recipe each month. Send it to livelovelaugh3@hotmail.com with the subject 'Try my food!'

Looking forward to see what comes from this new challenge :P






'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh!
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment