A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thurs~ Being strong!


So last night I went out to one of my fav stores...the Nike outlet...I know I'm a workout geek and I'm ok with that! LOL!

I saw this shirt there which was SO fitting for me. Not only was it my fav colour but it said, " Strong is the new beautiful"...it took my breath away for a min when I saw it.

I of course am wearing it today and will probable wear it for the next week LOL! But I was thinking about it this morning about what being 'strong' meant. And that's when I realized what my Thankful Thurs was.....

....I am thankful to not only be strong physically but to be a strong woman on the inside now too. At the ripe old age of 32 I have learned to stand up for myself and for what is right. I didn't do that when I was younger. I was too scared about what people would think, if they would like me after and I didn't even know at one point in my life that I COULD stand up for myself.

So I am thankful that I am a whole person today and I LOVE it! I feel I have found a happy balance of standing up for myself and not being aggressive or rude about it. I have learned that sometime courage doesn't roar, sometimes courage is that voice at the end of the day that whispers, "I will try again tomorrow"






'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment