A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm not going back~~ I'm compelled


So last night was our family multi-tasking night where I drive the kids to Beavers and hubby runs there then he drives them home and I run home......So last night it was 3 degrees out and raining sideways it was so windy....all day I kept looking out the window wondering if the rain was going to stop...it didn't!

So first I just want to say that the Beavers was not at the normal place this week. They went to a Garden centre and had a tour and got to plant some seeds to bring home...the Garden centre was on the other side of town :O

My hubby e-mailed me that day to say that he was going to bike there tonight because he had pulled a muscle in the arch of his foot and it's sore just walking on it...ouch...but props to him for figuring out another way to still get moving eh! :-D
So at dinner it was still raining and I said to him I would understand if he didn't want to bike tonight as it really sucks biking in the rain....his reply was that he was still going to do it....IMPRESSED I must say! I just gave the guy an out and he didn't take it :O

So he biked there and arrived soaked to the bone...LOL! Poor guy!

Now even though the little voice in my head kept saying, "Don't go, it will be too cold, too wet, too uncomfortable" every time I looked out the window, I still got dressed and ran home (all across town) now in the end it was just over 7k, but when you added in the cold and rain, it was a harder 7k then normal. As I was running I kept thinking about how that little voice was trying to stop me and yet here I am anyways. As I got thinking about why that is I realized it's because I knew that if I didn't do my planned run, I wasn't going to do anything else exercise wise that night and I didn't want to do that. I realize that going back to what I use to be (overweight, unhealthy, not moving) was not an option!

As I talked to my friend at the bus stop this morning and told her about my run last night, she said, "You're crazy!"....my reply was, "Yes I am!" LOL!!! Which got me thinking about how I went out anyways, when others (including me in the past) would have used the weather as a very good reason not to go.....and way that was.

.......So funny when I'm in a grove of something that I seem to run (no pun intended! LOL!) into things that help me. So I came across the definition of the word compelled on Facebook and it all fell into place....that's it!...that's how I feel! Compelled to move forward no matter what gets in my way because going back is NOT an option.


'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
*******

No comments:

Post a Comment