A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Friday, April 6, 2012

One Hoppy Family :>


So the Good Friday Easter race was this morning!!!......AND it was my 3yrs first race too!!!

So we put on our ears, tails & bow ties and headed out. Both boys were running the 1k bunny hop so this ment that my hubby was going to have to run with one of the boys too ( so I guess technically it was hubby's first race too! LOL!)....my Dad came to take pictures. I wanted to make sure we got some of my little guys first race :)

The weather was awesome and everyone was in good spirits......So Owen's first race ended up being a ride! LOL!! He did not want to get out of the jogging stroller! So he sat with his number on and hubby pushed and ran while Nicholas (my 5yr) and I ran up ahead....and Nicholas ran the whole way again!!! I keep asking if he wanted to walk or rest for a minute but he would say no and run on up ahead.

We did take Owen out of the jogger at the start line in hopes that he would start off running/walk at first, but he hopped in before the race started! LOL!....during the race hubby kept asking if he wanted to get out and run, but he always said no..........so I always think of the fact that even though I like doing this kind of thing doesn't mean the kids will, or even want to do this as well. Now my big guy seem to LOVE it and did from the start.....I'll have to see and wait with Owen. I'm not sure if he didn't want to run cause he was really overwhelmed with it all, or because he is use to being in the jogger during the races or because he really doesn't want to do this kind of thing.......we'll wait and see, we are signed up for the Moon in June race, we'll see what happens then.

Hey I got the bunny ears on the kid, that's progress cause last year he didn't even want those on! LOL!

After I ran the 5k, which is a very hilly run. Short hill down and loooong hills going up. The plus is that it ends with a nice downhill to the finish line!!! I made sure that when I start the run hubby tells me where they will be standing so that I am sure to run on that side and wave to the kids. Seeing the spark of happy in Nicholas's eyes when he finally see's me in the crowed and then yells, "HI Mommy!!!" is just the MOST awesome feeling I must say.......

.......So keep an eye on the Burlington Post as they took a picture of Owen after the race sitting in his jogging stroller, hat down to his eyes, bunny ears leaning to one side and putting ALL his focus and attention into trying to get the foil off the chocolate egg the Easter Bunny just gave him!! LOL!!......You will also see a picture of Nicholas and I showing off our bunny tails LOL!!!.....the Burlington Post lady came up and asked us to show her our tails. So we both stick our butts out and look over our shoulder....then after I got thinking about it....I just stick my ass out to the camera!! and my ass is going to be in the newspaper!!! WTF was I thinking! LOL!! Thank GOD I was wearing my Lulu pants!!!.......so keep your eye out for Gail Van ASS-ome in the paper! ROFLMAO!!!





'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
******

2 comments:

  1. haha. So I stumbled across your blog while vainly google searching myself, and well, I'm going to let it slide that you've hijacked my online persona.. because you're such an awesome family! :) I noticed a post you did a while back that you did a raw juice clense, but there was a company that provided you the juice. I am also doing a raw juice clense right now, but juicing everything myself and it is SO messy. Would you be so kind as to tell me where you got the live juices? Thanks!

    -Joe (Also VanAwesome, from youtube)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Always awesome to run into another Van Awesome! :)

    I got the juice from here http://rawrawcleanse.com/

    ReplyDelete