A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Monday, March 21, 2011

Am I even moving!!??

Ok so with this nice weather out I have been itching to get out and run!! So I came up with a brilliant idea. After I got my oldest off the bus and gave the kids snack I announced that Mommy was going for a run and they will be in the jogger and I am going to run them into Bronte Park (we live off Burloak where the entrance is) and we will see the farm animals and play at the park there!!.......great idea right!!

So here's how it played out:


- started running, jogger is VERY heavy I think the kids have grown and there's at least 60lbs in there!

- turn the corner and start heading North up Burloak Rd.....right into the wind!!!

-tried to keep running while pushing 60lbs of jogging stroller into the wind at one point wondering if I was even MOVING!!!!

- hit a hill....OK forget that! I had to walk up it.

- 4yr asks, "Mommy why are we going so slow?"......I explain it's too windy for me to run.

- Make it to the park entrance to see that the sign says animal barn closes at 4pm...

-...it's 4:23pm!!!...AWESOME!

-run into the park anyways

-am now heading South so no wind and I am actually running at a good pace, it's nice and quite in the park and I enjoyed this moment a lot.

-got to the play barn, yup everything is locked up!.....I play dumb with the kids acting like I didn't know it was closed.

-let the kids play in the park for a bit then packed them back in to go home

-headed out of the park going North again, into the wind....AWESOME!

-started South down Burloak, now with the wind at my back, pushing my dragging a$$ along

-2yr decides to have a hissy fit and wants to get out...

- I continue to run while yelling. "SIT DOWN!", "ON YOUR BUM!", "IT'S DANGER!!", "NO THANK YOU!!"

-finally decide to ignore hissy fitting child and crank up my tunes

- finished my run to the tunes of..."It's raining men!" and "My humps,my humps, my lovely lady humps!" and my all time fav a song of my husbands that must have got mixed into my list. The theme song to Indianian Jones....when he's running away from the rolling rock! LOL!

-turn the corner on our street and as soon as I saw our house I felt AWESOME! Awesome that I got through that and awesome that I did it!

-told the boys thank you and that they did a great job and that I really needed that!

-looked at my RunKeeper app and saw that I had just ran over 10k!!!!!! WTF!







'Live in YOUR Awesome!'


*ive
*ove
*augh
*****

2 comments:

  1. Love it Gail - great blog post! Bronte is such a beautiful place to go and so close, hopefully next time you visit the weather will be a bit warmer/less windy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i'm ur new follower via 'the party mama'...u can find me at http://amomhelpingmoms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete