A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last night made my heart smile


So I'm not a church going girl but me and the 'big guy' are pretty tight! And I must say that am just bowled over with what happens when I trust in God and get out of the way!

A BIG example of that was last night. It was the launch party to The Meredith Hagan Foundation. She was my trainer who died suddenly last year ..........wow still can't type that witout getting teary eyed.

So I was excited about this party and knew I needed to be there to honour the change that Meredith caused in me. In her life and in her death and for that part of her that I still carry around with me. However I couldn't afford the ticket :(

I asked if I could volunteer my time to help out at the night instead, but hadn't heard anything back. As the date was approaching I keep thinking of it and really starting to stress that I wasn't going to be able to be there.

Then a week ago I was looking at a picture of the Phat Chicks in their new coats on Facebook on my iPhone and up pops a text from Suzie (Head Phat Chick) asking if I still wanted to help out at the party!!!!........I was in tears with joy and am in fact crying right now as I remember this moment.

So last night was the party and it was awesome!! I got to see Phat Chicks I haven't seen in a long time, and Meredith's family (husband, sister, mother etc). I also ran into Shane from Raceday Rush! It was SO great I worked my tail off and loved every min of it. When I was given thanks for my help, my response was, "Oh I'm just happy to be here!" and I truly meant that.

A few awesome conversations happen last night for me, one being with fellow Phat Chick Kerri, I just love talking with this girl and her love and energy filled me up (just what I needed). Another convo, once again a fellow Phat Chick who confirmed to me that the path I am on is a good one and that me bringing my family along with me seems to be my thing and is working well. I needed to hear that cause sometimes I feel down cause I can't keep up with everything the Phat Chick/Friends are doing, do to having a family with young kids etc etc......So once again JUST what I needed to hear.

I got home sometime just after 2am still smiling and my had buzzing from the excitement of the night. I feel asleep to a vision of Mer up there looking down with white beautiful light all around her smiling her smile.....and cue the water works again.....




'Live in YOUR Awesome!'

*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment