A Van Awesome Journey

Hi thanks for finding my blog! I am a wife of an awesome husband and proud mother to two amazing boys. I just quit my job to stay at home with our children and now have all the time in the world to play play play!!! Play with my children and play some games of my own...hence this blog. I entered a contest to be part of an Adventure Race something I have never done before. So I am required to blog weekly on my journey...so here goes..thanks for sharing it with me :).................So what has started out as a blog for reasons mentioned above has now continued into an on going journey that I have been asked to continue to share...and you with me! So thanks for coming along for the ride :)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thurs ~ Yummy food!


Ok so I LOVE eating, always have and I think always will. So as I was trying to pick one thing to write about today for Thankful Thurs it came to me as I was eating lunch.

I was eating a soup I had made and has now become one of my fav's and it's SO yummy AND it's good for you! That's when I realized, today I am thankful for yummy food that's good for you mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm :P


Here's the recipe:


Asparagus Egg Drop Soup

Need:
3/4lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed into little pieces and cooked
1 (32oz) carton chicken broth
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 (6oz) slice of ham, diced
1tsp soy sauce


To Do:

Boil broth, reduce to barely simmering.
Gradually pour in eggs, beating constantly with wisk, cook 1min
Stir in everything else, cook 5min
ENJOY!!!

Serves 4
Calories per serving 186

P.S. It freezes well and guest are always impressed with this too.

P.S.S I also make Ham and asparagus for dinner and use the left overs for the soup ;)


Let me know what you think!



'Live in YOUR Awesome'


*ive
*ove
*augh
******

No comments:

Post a Comment